The ShivWorks Practical Unarmed Combat module is a foundational block of instruction that introduces students to the parameters and context of criminal assaults. This block can be customized from a four-hour format to a 16-hour format. Students first learn how criminals actually assault citizens in the real world. They are then introduced to strategies and tactics for challenging and preempting the potential assailant. The course then shifts to simple physical skills for countering a spontaneous assault, regaining initiative, and escaping. Instruction may also include ground work and empty-hand applications against firearms and edged weapons, depending on seminar length. Please check our training calendar for upcoming offerings of PUC and other ShivWorks courses near you. Also, please review our refund policy before signing up for any class.
- The Criminal Assault Paradigm
- Managing Unknown Contacts
- Basic empty-hand blows
- Grounded basics
- Empty-hand applications against firearms
- Practical applications
- Comfortable clothes
- Positive attitude
- (No weapons are used in this class)
- Total course tuition will vary depending on the host facility, any applicable range fees, and many other factors.
- Please check our calendar for course offerings, and contact the organizer directly for tuition information on a specific class.